Mailing Address

Elder Derek Roden
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Drive, Suite 101
Farragut, TN 37934

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Transfers Already?!

Brainerd Ward Elders


This week was a pretty good one, and the highlight was probably Zone Conference.  Zone conference was just at our building so that was nice.  It was a very spiritual meeting as per usual.  I had to give a mini-training and it was pretty crazy because there were a few other missionaries doing the same thing. But then they said we had exactly 2 minutes each to convey the message we had prepared and turned on a timer. So it was pretty fun to explain the question "What is the Gospel?" in 2 minutes, haha. 
Fall in Georgia


 Well I didn’t even realize it last week but this Saturday was transfer calls already.  This was by FAR the quickest transfer of my mission, I was super surprised it’s already pretty much over.  So that was pretty crazy. But anyways, I found out there is another bun in the MTC oven.  In other words, I’ll be staying in this area and training again so that should be exciting.  I’ll find out who it is on Wednesday at transfers when the new missionaries get in.  Both Elder Haynes and I are staying in the Brainerd ward for another transfer, so we were pretty pumped about that.  We will probably do something together to celebrate our 1 year mark on the 15th.
We also got to eat at a member’s house after stake conference and their son, who is a junior, has brought one of his friends to church the last couple weeks and he has liked it.  His name is Alejandro.  So we just kinda started to get to know him then ended up teaching him the first lesson and he should be getting baptized on Nov. 24th! So that was super cool.
Today for Pday we are going to go see a monument they have here for a missionary named Joseph Standing.   A long time ago he was killed by a mob down here, so I should get some pictures of that.

Have a good week!

Elder Roden 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last One

Well, this will be my last email, pretty crazy.   We had an awesome week!!   On Wednesday we got to go to the Sevierville building for o...