Well what a week it has been here!
The
first half of this week was just a lot of running around and doing the
usual pre-transfer goodbyes for Elder Jeppesen. And also a lot of him
packing, haha. He and I got along really well and I'm grateful for the
time that I was able to serve with him.
 |
| Some of the former and current Sevierville missionaries |
On
Wednesday we had to be at the transfers in Knoxville at 10 a.m. so I
could go to a trainer Meeting. Unfortunately, there was some pretty bad unexpected traffic on the freeway so we didn't get there until about
10:20. I walked into the chapel and was promptly called out by President
Pickett so all 17 trainers and all 17 new missionaries got to watch me
walk in and sit down late. What a great first impression for my greenie.
About halfway through the meeting all of the trainers went into the
High Council room for about 30 minutes and received further instruction
and training from President Pickett, then we headed back into the chapel
with everyone else. Then one of the assistants started reading out the
letters stating where the new missionary would go and who their trainer
would be. From there we would stand up and Sister Pickett took a picture
with us by the mission map and we were on to the regular transfer
process.
 |
| Saying goodbye to Elder Nixon |
 |
| Elder Nixon was E. Roden's first comp in Kingsport |
Transfers are always one of my
favorite things to do. It's really fun seeing some really good friends that I've been able to make out here, but it's also really weird seeing
some of those friends go home.
Anyways, my new
companion is Elder Weyland from Highland, Utah. He's a really good kid
and is willing and ready to work hard. We get along pretty well so far
and have been having a good time. We haven't had a ton of appointments
planned so we pretty much just tracted the whole time since he has been
here. It is not the absolute most fun thing in the world, but it is
some good experience for him.
 |
| The District (before Jeppesen was transferred) |
One funny story
we had when we were tracting a trailer park, was when we walked up to some
pretty big Arab dudes smoking some 6 inch long cigarettes on their front
porch. I just asked if I could give them a couple pamphlets and they
hesitantly said yes. I then started to trying to strike up a
conversation by asking where they were from, to which the really big
dude said in very broken English, "We are US citizens. Why does it
matter?" We then realized they were fairly uncomfortable with us being
there and he also had a 9 mm on his hip. Then the other one kind of
awkwardly said they were from Iraq and that's all they could tell us. So
we just said have a good day and moved on, haha.
Also,
on Weyland's first door he got the "Are y'all mormons?" So he said, "Well
we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
if that is what you are asking". It was pretty funny.
 |
| ??? |
So it was a good week here, hopefully y'unz have the same.
Elder Roden
No comments:
Post a Comment