Mailing Address

Elder Derek Roden
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Drive, Suite 101
Farragut, TN 37934

Friday, July 6, 2018

Transfer News



Another week has absolutely flown by. Wow, this is so weird, haha.
We have been really low on miles so we have been on foot most of the time the last couple of weeks, especially this last week.  And it has been HOT. Holy crap it’s like walking uphill into a waterfall on the sun.  That’s the best description.  But it also feels good to be out pounding the pavement every day! We have been on full blown finding mode so just a lot of tracting this week with pretty little success, but that’s how it goes sometimes.
Tracting?

MATT:
Just an update on Matt Courtney, right now as a family they are solidifying a date for him to be baptized.  We talked with him Tuesday night for a while after they fed us!  He really wants to get it done as soon as possible so he can be able to get to the temple as soon as possible, which is so awesome to hear!  Good things are happening for him and his family!
Dinner at the Courtneys'


 TRANSFER CALLS:
Well on Friday night I got a call from the AP's wanting to talk about transfers a little bit. They just asked me a few questions and said I should be "excited" for this upcoming call.  Well it sure was interesting.  I am going to be serving as the District Leader going to the Rogersville branch. I’ve heard it’s a pretty interesting and tough area, but I’m really excited! And I am going to be back with my trainer, Elder Martin, haha.  We are also going to be white washing into the area, so that should be fun. This is also Martin's last transfer so I am "Killing my father", haha.  Should be some exciting things to come!  
Elder Roden and Elder Martin...together again


This has been an awesome 3 months in the Rotherwood Ward.  Kingsport is an awesome city!  I sang one last song at Shades of Grace on Sunday. I sure am going to miss that place as well!  As much as I have loved this place I know there is more for me to do in other areas.  I’m definitely going to miss Elder Donahoo, but I’m grateful for the time I had with him and all the things he taught me.  Unfortunately, that’s all I got this week, but it should be an eventful week coming up!

Love, Elder Roden
P Day shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last One

Well, this will be my last email, pretty crazy.   We had an awesome week!!   On Wednesday we got to go to the Sevierville building for o...