Well it was a good week!
The last few days in Kingsport were mostly full of Good-byes and packing and what not. But it was a good last couple days, and I definitely will miss that place!
The last few days in Kingsport were mostly full of Good-byes and packing and what not. But it was a good last couple days, and I definitely will miss that place!
| Dinner and games with the Courtneys (this is Sister Courtney's daughter and her friend) |
TRANSFERS:
Wednesday morning Elder Donahoo and I got up and left to go to Farragut for transfers. We had to drive ourselves because it was pretty hard to get a ride on the 4th of July. But I always love being at transfers and seeing all the awesome people that I have met out here.
| Some of the former Sevierville missionaries at transfers |
After a little bit, I found
my new/old companion, Elder Martin. Shortly after we said some more good
byes we went and got the Phone/keys/contact info for our new area and headed
out. It is kinda funny because Rogersville is right next to Rotherwood,
so we drove right past the old apartment on the way, which was nice because I
left my sunglasses there. But we came and checked out the church, which
is a pretty small building, but it’s nice. We have about 35 active
members. Then to the apartment which is pretty nice as well. By the
time we were mostly unpacked we decided to go get dinner. Driving around
downtown Rogersville was pretty cool because that’s where they were having
their 4th of July celebration and it was just a really cool vibe out
there. Then we got back and watched the fireworks from our front
porch. Also another thing to note is that Elder Martin will be going home
2 weeks before transfers for school, so I’m not sure what will happen to me the
last 2 weeks, but we will find out!
ROGERSVILLE:
Well it is definitely a different area! It’s about a 1 hour and 45 minute drive end to end and about 1 hour top to bottom. So it’s a pretty decent sized place and people are really spread out. But it seems like there are some great people here so far. Our district is us and a pair of elders and sisters serving in the Greenville ward. So the rest of this week has just been decluttering our records and trying to visit as many people as possible. The area wasn’t exactly left in good shape when we came in so it’ll take some time to get things rolling. But I’m excited to be here. After Sunday it seems like we have a really solid branch.
MATT:
Also Matt Courtney in Rotherwood is getting baptized on the 21st of this month so I’m going to try and get permission to head over and attend that!
Thanks for all the love and support, have a good week!
Love, Elder Roden
No comments:
Post a Comment