Mailing Address

Elder Derek Roden
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Drive, Suite 101
Farragut, TN 37934

Monday, June 25, 2018

Fast Week



Holy crap this was the fastest week on my mission by far. I honestly don't remember that happened this week but I will try my best.


SUNDAY:
Well after ward council on Sunday we got quite the surprise when President and Sister Pickett walked through the doors of our church building. We had totally forgotten that they were going to do a youth Fireside at our Bishop’s House after church. But it was really cool to be able to kind of hang out with them for a little while. Afterwards we went to Bishop’s House, and I got assigned to grill up some hot dogs for everyone, haha. But we had a big lunch and then a super spiritual Fireside led by President and Sister Pickett. It was a super cool experience.

REST OF WEEK:
Well I feel pretty bad but the rest of the week was just a lot of finding. We have been able to find some pretty good new people and hopefully we will be able to get them progressing. It feels good to be able to go out and put your boots to the pavement every day. I guess on another note, it is freaking hot and humid.  It's weird that you walk for like half a mile and you are already dripping sweat, haha. I guess it's good for ya.



Also this Saturday coming up is transfer calls already, which is nuts. This transfer has flown by! But we will see what happens.
Elder Roden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last One

Well, this will be my last email, pretty crazy.   We had an awesome week!!   On Wednesday we got to go to the Sevierville building for o...