POWER UPs:
So the Zone leaders came up for Pday because we were going to go on power ups (exchanges with both sets in the same area) with them from Monday night till Tuesday evening. This time I was able to go with Elder Molloy, and we are pretty good friends so I was excited. He is from Ladera Ranch, California, which is pretty cool because that is right around where I have some family and have spent a lot of time down there. But we had a good time working together for the day.
So the Zone leaders came up for Pday because we were going to go on power ups (exchanges with both sets in the same area) with them from Monday night till Tuesday evening. This time I was able to go with Elder Molloy, and we are pretty good friends so I was excited. He is from Ladera Ranch, California, which is pretty cool because that is right around where I have some family and have spent a lot of time down there. But we had a good time working together for the day.
"Big Chefs":
Not my proudest moment, I’ll be honest. But that night, Molloy and I were going to this pizza place called Big Chefs for dinner. When we got there we learned of a challenge of eating a big 28 inch pizza, and if you did it with two people in under an hour, it was free and you got $100. Our minds were bigger than our stomachs. All we kept saying all leading up to it was "Easy dude we got this", "15 minutes and we will be halfway done", "That’s an easy 50 bucks each", and at one point Molloy even told the gal working there that "You guys need to make it harder!". Then we paid for the pizza, planning to earn it right back. Soon thereafter we discovered that since 1991 when the place opened, not a single person has completed the challenge. Not a soul. We gave it a good run, but we could only eat about 1/2 of it. I went immediately to the restroom and yakked. I’m not sure when the next time I go to Big Chefs will be.
STEVE:
Dang this was pretty sweet. We were just walking up this road in the 95 degrees and humid weather and this guy was just sitting in his truck and he called out to us and he asked "hey are y’all from a church?" We responded then he said "Well I’m not sure how to say this, but I just am really trying to change my ways and turn my life around. And something just told me to ask you guys for help." Such a solid, humble guy. We talked with him for about an hour and he wants to get baptized, so we set a date for July 7th for him and we are pretty excited.
FATHERS DAY:
Sunday was also a pretty fun day, we got to speak in sacrament meeting which was interesting because the microphones or speakers weren’t working so we kinda had to yell, haha, but it went well I think. Then me and the sisters sang Secret Prayer at Shades of Grace.
Other than that it’s been another normal missionary week. Our district as a whole is kind of leading the zone right now which and it’s fun to be a part of so many hard workers.
Hope y’all have a good week!
Love, Elder Roden
No comments:
Post a Comment