We had another
solid work week this week. It is so cool
to see this area starting to flourish a little bit. The one thing I really want
to focus on throughout my mission is leaving every area better than I found it.
Thus far my companions and I have been able to see that, and it is the
best. God does amazing things and I'm so
grateful to be able to witness His work first hand.
This past week we
had a mission tour and we were privileged to hear and learn from Elder Sitati,
of the quorum of the seventy, and his wife.
They are an amazing couple from Kenya. That meeting was very long, like
9:30 to 4:00, but it was an incredible spiritual experience to be able to shake
the hand of and learn from one of the Lord's called special witnesses.
| When in Tennessee... |
Other than that there’s
not too much to report on. We were walking back to our apartment on Saturday
and this big white van pulls up behind us and two guys get out and come over
and try and bash with us! Haha. After
they were done with their rant, Elder Sessions and I looked at each other like,
"man, we could really shut these guys up". Haha, but we didn’t. Contention
does not bring anything positive.
Instead, I just offered to pray for them as we parted ways.
| Elders Roden and Haynes |
Also, I got to see one
of my good friends, Elder Haynes, from the MTC. He is in Blairsville, Georgia
right now. But they were passing through
so we met them for about an hour. It’s
always a good time with him.
| Haynes and Roden reunited |
It is weird to
think that I have been out for almost 4 months. It feels like 4 days
still. I still have so much to learn,
which is something that I have realized I struggle with. It just simply takes me a lot longer to
understand scriptures and even the things I teach people. But that learning
process is something that I know I can improve and be strong in if I involve
the Lord. It’s the same for all of you.
No matter what you might struggle with, or any problems you may have,
involve the Lord. We often feel like we
can do it on our own, which may be true, but, man, we have our savior standing
with us at all times yearning to help us.
Jesus doesn’t have elbows, his
hands are always outreached.
Tennessee is sweet,
I love it.
Elder Roden
No comments:
Post a Comment