Mailing Address

Elder Derek Roden
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Drive, Suite 101
Farragut, TN 37934

Monday, March 19, 2018

Another good week



Well, another good week.  It was a pretty slow week for missionary work, though.  But we were able to still see some success.  We had an awesome lesson teaching one of our investigators, Maricela. She only speaks Spanish, so we went over there with the sisters and they and Elder Sessions taught while  I sat there and smiled wide, haha. I chipped in here and there but I mostly just listened.  She is so solid and she wants to get baptized so badly, but her work is keeping her from coming to church.  She is a single mother of 3 kids, I think. I really hope she will be able to progress further.


     Also, this week we went on exchanges with the Maryville Elders. I was with Elder Heninger in Maryville.  We met with one of their investigators who is an Elvis impersonator.  He has the whole nine yards; side burns, jumpsuits, and a lotta guitars. He also does some Johnny Cash too. We had an awesome visit with him and he had heard I played the guitar from Heninger and he wanted me to play for him.  I won’t turn that down, haha. We had a real good time. He is also a huge fan of the Osmonds, and he just started playing all of these videos he had of the Osmonds in the 70's.  It was pretty funny.


     Sunday was Elder Sessions’ 21st birthday and his mom had sent us both 20 dollar bills. So on Saturday we decided we would go cash out at Texas Roadhouse. It was so good.  It was also crazy because Tennessee basketball was playing while we were there. We probably shouldn’t have, but we got to watch like the last few minutes of the game… whoops.  Everyone was going nuts and then they lost on a crazy last second shot... then the whole restaurant just got really quiet and awkward, haha. Oh well, Go Vols,  I guess.


     I am extremely grateful to be able to put on a nametag every day and go out into the unknown!  My great  uncle, Michael Treseder, wrote me a letter a while back and one line reads, "if you receive 300 rejections in one day, that would be tremendous". I have found that to be true.

Elder Roden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last One

Well, this will be my last email, pretty crazy.   We had an awesome week!!   On Wednesday we got to go to the Sevierville building for o...