Well it was a really good week here in TN.
Transfers were on Wednesday so Tuesday was just a lot of running around to a
bunch of people and places so Elder Martin could say his goodbyes and that kind
of thing. He has served a total of 10 and 1/2 months here I think.
And Sister Rodriguez (one of the sisters serving in the ward with us) had been
here for 7 and 1/2 months and she is leaving. So now I am the most experienced
in the area, which is weird. The sisters in our ward are Sister Huffaker,
who has been out as long as I have but has only been here one transfer, and
Sister Bennett, who is fresh out of the MTC.
| Rain swollen river |
My new companion is Elder Sessions, who is from Aurora, Colorado. He has been out for about 13 months and is a really cool guy. We have had a really good time together so far. We both like to have fun and work, so we make the work fun, haha. I'm really excited for this next transfer. Our district also changed quite a bit as well so it’ll be fun to get to know the new faces.
| Elder Sessions and Elder Roden in front, Elders Donahoo and Heninger in back |
One funny thing that happened this week was when we were driving in some really slow traffic and in the car behind us were the Mintons, a really awesome member family. So we just waved to them, but then next thing you know Brother Minton is knocking on the window of our car in the middle of the street. So I roll it down and in his thick southern accent he just goes "here’s lunch", then gives us a couple Arby’s sandwiches and walks away. Haha! We thought it was pretty funny but, dang, the blessings are real!
As for the work, it is still progressing nicely. Right now we have 2 people lined up to be baptized in April so we are pretty excited for that, and we are still working with a good teaching pool that are all doing pretty well. Our goal is to get 4 people baptized this transfer. That is a stretch for this area but I think we can do it.
Sessions and I are getting along really well and this week has been a ball. Tennessee is such an awesome place to be, and I’m loving the South! It’s bringin’ the Hillbilly outta me. Yee yee.
Elder Roden
No comments:
Post a Comment