Lozano-Garcia family:
We went by with a Spanish speaking couple in our ward on Tuesday
and taught them the Plan of Salvation, which went very well. Their 12
year old son shouted out "ahí es donde quiero estar!" Or "That’s
where I want to be!" When we read about the Celestial Kingdom. It was a
great lesson.
Helping Hands:
With all the flooding here in the Knoxville area, the church sent
a disaster relief supply truck to the stake. So on Friday we went over to
one of the building to help unload a Semi Truck full of supplies. Our
main job after that was to assemble the Wheel Barrows, haha. It was really fun,
actually. We got put into teams of 3 and I was with Elder Love, one of
our ZL's, and President Pickett. All in all I would say there were close
to 75 built by about 10 missionaries.
Saturday:
Saturday was weird. It was supposed to be a big long day
of service from 9-5, so that’s what we were planning on. So we show up to the
same church building and there are tons of members and missionaries there,
which was cool to see, all in those yellow 'helping hands' shirts. They
were sending people out to different projects, but we, as well as about 25
other people, ended up getting told they didn’t need us because there wasn’t
enough to do. It’s a good problem to have I guess.
The new AP was also there. His companions had left to the
Nashville temple with a recent convert. The plan was for him to do the service
with us until they got back, but instead we just took him back to our area for
the day.
Church of Christ MTC:
Well one day I guess I was feeling pretty bold because we walked
by some apartments on a little campus of a preaching/missionary school, and we
decided to knock a few doors. We talked to a few people that were pretty
shocked that we were there, haha. Most the people there have families and
stuff, and they just go to the school for 2 years to get their
degree.
I think it was a good thing, although a couple of the
conversations went down the more 'Bash' road. But it feels good when the spirit
backs you up when you are going toe to toe with a trained preacher. We
ended up giving one of the guys a Book of Mormon. After clearing up some little
misconceptions, he was more open to the idea. So it ended up being pretty
good.
Transfer calls:
Elder Sowby is going to be headed out on Wednesday, and my new
companion will be Elder Vinyard. We actually came out together, but were
not in the same MTC district because he learned Spanish, so I just know him a
little bit. But I am really excited.
Hope y’all have a good week.
Elder Roden





No comments:
Post a Comment