Mailing Address

Elder Derek Roden
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Drive, Suite 101
Farragut, TN 37934

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

First week of March

Another week down, here are some highlights. 

Lozano-Garcia family:

   We had a great lesson with this family of 6 from Honduras.  I went with Elder Deteige, one of the ZLs who speaks Spanish, and Brother Lyons from the bishopric. We taught them the restoration and it went very well. I can’t speak Spanish but during lessons im able to follow along so I just hold up pictures and stuff haha.   
   The next day Brother Lyons picked them up and took them to the church for Wednesday night activities and I heard that they really enjoyed it so that was good. They were supposed to all come to church but they had to work last minute, but we are still going by on Tuesday again to teach them. 


Pizza Hoss:

   So last week I had to do a very last minute, out of our way baptismal interview for some elders just barely outside of our zone.  They felt bad so they offered to order us pizza, which we accepted of course.  But they also forgot the baptismal forms I had to sign so we just decided to meet up at a restaurant to eat and fill them out. 
   We were there and we just ordered one pizza for us. Then the waitress comes out and says "Jesus loves y’all, just wait and see." We were pretty weirded out by that but we just ignored it. Then I went to use the bathroom and when I came back I saw all this food on our table that we didn’t order.  Turns out there was a couple sitting at the bar that just kept sending more and more food over to us.  Me and one of the Elders went and talked to them and they were both from Utah and weren’t members, but they had some family that were. He just said "I figured you were hungrier than what you ordered."
   So they bought our pizza, bought us an additional 4 pizzas, a bunch garlic knots and fried ravioli and stuff, and a ton of dessert cinnamon knots and a few other things. It was super cool. So we both went home stacked with good food, and we were very grateful to them. 


Summers:

   On Saturday morning we went to help Brother and Sister Summers move one of their neighbors out of  apartment and into her new house.  It actually went pretty smooth as we got the U HAUL loaded, moved, and unloaded in about 3 hours with just 4 people most the time.  But the lady was super friendly and appreciative so that was cool to see a good seed planted.  Then we went back to the Summers for lunch. 

We also retired our old car because it was the oldest one in the mission.  So we dropped it off at the mission office and got a 2018 Nissan Rogue which has been really nice.

The rest of the week was just normal, this is going to be the last full week of the transfer so that should be fun. 

Elder Roden 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last One

Well, this will be my last email, pretty crazy.   We had an awesome week!!   On Wednesday we got to go to the Sevierville building for o...