Mailing Address

Elder Derek Roden
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Drive, Suite 101
Farragut, TN 37934

Thursday, October 11, 2018

General Conference


THE COMP/AREA:
Another week has come and gone and now I’m starting to get settled in down here in Georgia.  Me and Elder Jeppesen are getting along great and we really enjoy being around each other.  We have very similar senses of humor so it makes things nice. 

This area is really nice to be in, a loooot of houses and neighborhoods! That’s something I haven’t had in a while.  So we have been hitting the pavement pretty hard and doing a lot of tracting, which is not the funnest thing in the world, but it is rewarding to be able to work hard with and for the Lord.  Unfortunately, Elder Jeppesen’s first trainer was very very trunky since it was his last transfer and they didn’t get a lot of stuff done, work or training wise, haha. So we are working hard to build up the area because it has been pretty slow for a while.  We are having a fun time doing it, though!  We are just outside of Chattanooga so there are a lot of things to do and a lot of stores and stuff, which I again am not used to, haha. We even have the only Costco in the mission! Jepp bought a membership so I got to hop on his for free! haha.

THE DISTRICT:

Our district is super fun, 6 elders and 2 sisters, and a senior couple.  At first I thought 6 elders would be a little too crazy but,luckily, 2 of them are Zone leaders, so we can keep pretty reverent, and the seniors help with that as well, haha.  I also got a call that there was a situation that happened up in Cleveland TN, and, long story short, we will be getting another trio of Elders joining the district for the remainder of the transfer. So we are officially the Mega-district, consisting of 13 missionaries. Should be fun! 
The four Brainerd Ward elders


CONFERENCE:

General conference is like a Holiday weekend on the mission. I have never been so excited to sit in a chapel for 8 hours in my life, haha.  And it was an incredible conference.  I felt the spirit strongly reassure me that we truly are led by a Prophet of God,  and as we heed his counsel we WILL be blessed, we WILL be happy, we WILL have understanding, and we WILL come closer to God and Jesus Christ. That is a promise!

Other than that, there’s not too much else to report on. I’m getting a free haircut from a sister in the district today so pray for that to go well, haha. Have a good week!

Elder Roden 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last One

Well, this will be my last email, pretty crazy.   We had an awesome week!!   On Wednesday we got to go to the Sevierville building for o...