Mailing Address

Elder Derek Roden
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Drive, Suite 101
Farragut, TN 37934

Monday, August 19, 2019

Busy Week!


Well we had a pretty crazy week!
Mon:
   In the morning we went up to Asheville and spent pday with the 4 elders up there.  We played basketball at some Baptist church that had a nice gym, because the elders’ church doesn’t.  Then that night I went and worked with Elder Knapp from Payson, UT.  He goes home in a couple weeks, but we are pretty good friends, so it was fun.


Tue:
   We were still in Asheville and this time I went out with Elder Leavitt from Gilbert, AZ. We get along really well, so it was a good time.  Probably the coolest part was when we went to the food court at the mall for lunch.  As we were walking in, I had remembered that Matt Courtney, that I had taught in Kingsport well over a year ago, was the Manager at the Zales in the Asheville mall and just commutes 1.5 hours each way every day.  So, we swung by and he was there!  It was so cool to see him. I grew so close to him and his family while serving there and it was great to see him.  He was baptized 3 days after I left and has been doing really well. He and Sister Courtney are planning to get sealed in the Temple in September! 
Elder Roden with Matt Courtney

   Then later that night we drove home to our apartment.
Wed:
   In the morning we had district meeting, then service at a big food pantry, then taught a couple people, then packed, then went to a dinner, then drove out to Franklin NC.
Thu:
   Thursday in Franklin I went out with Elder Cicotte from a small town in Washington.  He has been out for 5 weeks and is actually leaving for Italy today.  He was assigned to come here temporarily while waiting for his Visa. We had a really good day together then that night we drove to Cherokee NC.

Fri:
   Friday, I went out Elder Smith from Sanford Colorado.  He has been out for 5 weeks and is a really good guy. We had a fun day together.  Cherokee is still my dream area, haha, so pray for transfers to go well.   Later that night we drove up through Gatlinburg and Sevierville to get to Knoxville TN.

Sat:
 Saturday, I got to go back with Elder Ostler for the day.  We had a really good day together and it was fun to get right back into the groove with him.  Then we drove all the way home that night and got straight to bed, haha.
So, it was pretty busy, but it was also pretty fun.  Hope y’all have a good week!
Elder Roden
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last One

Well, this will be my last email, pretty crazy.   We had an awesome week!!   On Wednesday we got to go to the Sevierville building for o...