Mailing Address

Elder Derek Roden
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Drive, Suite 101
Farragut, TN 37934

Tuesday, June 4, 2019


Well, another Crazy week in NC!
Last district meeting with this group

The week started out normal with a lot of finding. Then halfway through we got a call from the AP's letting us know that Elder Ostler was going to be heading up to Knoxville to be with them. So, they came and picked him up and Elder Fox is now back with me until transfers. I will really miss Elder Ostler, he has definitely been up towards the top of my list of companions. But as for now, me and Fox really get along and laugh a lot together, so it's been great.
Elders Fox and Roden

On Saturday, because the Asheville Ward (Elder Fox's area) had a recent convert going, we were actually able to go with the stake youth temple trip to the Columbia South Carolina Temple and that was awesome!

Saturday was also transfer calls and I found out I will be training a new ZL, Elder Scott. I have met him a couple times before and he seems like a really cool guy so I'm excited. Plus, I'm now the driver so I'm really excited to get to know the Tacoma! Haha.

Since the Temple on Saturday I have been thinking a lot about how the blessings of the temple can impact our lives. I was studying in Ezekiel chapter 47, and he gives a beautiful explanation of how our lives can be blessed and grow through the Temple. I would especially suggest pondering verses 1-10, comparing it to how our lives change the further along we go on the covenant path.
Well I hope y’all have a great week!
Elder Roden


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last One

Well, this will be my last email, pretty crazy.   We had an awesome week!!   On Wednesday we got to go to the Sevierville building for o...