Mailing Address

Elder Derek Roden
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Drive, Suite 101
Farragut, TN 37934

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Transfers

Elder Roden's second comp, Elder Sessions, who is headed home this transfer.

Hope everyone had a good week; here are the highlights from this week.
•Last Pday was pretty fun. I let Elder Atkinson in our district give me his first haircut, haha. It turned out... well, it turned out.  It’s not that bad it’s just a bit short but in a week or so it should be fine.
  
•We had our last District meeting of the transfer on Tuesday, and it was a really good meeting.

•Tuesday until Wednesday I took Elder Atkinson down to Ringgold for exchanges. He is from Provo and we had a really good time together.  He has been out 3 transfers and has had 3 areas !  It’s crazy. And he is also getting transferred AGAIN so that’s 4 transfers and 4 areas.

•Thursday I took Elder Smith to Ringgold for an exchange.  He has been out 6 months and has been in the same area the entire time.  One funny thing about him is that before his mission he was a Spider man impersonator.  It’s even crazier because he looks exactly like Tom Holland, who plays Spider Man in the movies.

•Friday night we and the Collegedale Elders had a basketball night for less actives and investigators. It was fairly last minute, so not a lot of people could make it out. But we drew a lot of interest and had a few show up, so it was a really fun night.

•Saturday morning were transfer calls. I will be leaving Ringgold to go to the Hardin Valley ward.  It is in the Knoxville/Farragut area.  I was pretty ready for a change after 3 transfers here so I’m excited to head up there.  My companion will be Elder Sowby, who I have never met. This will be his 3rd transfer in the field. He came out with Elder Weyland.

•Sunday was my last week in the branch so it was fun saying by to people and such. That night we had dinner at the Cummins’ house,  who are some of my favorite people. We had smoked brisket, ribs, and played some cards before we left, haha. It was a really fun night.

That was about it this week, looking forward to starting new again in Knoxville next week!


Have a good week!

Elder Roden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last One

Well, this will be my last email, pretty crazy.   We had an awesome week!!   On Wednesday we got to go to the Sevierville building for o...