Mailing Address

Elder Derek Roden
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Drive, Suite 101
Farragut, TN 37934

Monday, July 23, 2018

Baptism!



Well it was a fast, but productive week we had here!
MATT COURTNEY:
So you may or may not remember Matt Courtney from my last area. But his baptism was on Saturday! Unfortunately I was unable to attend because of some Mission rules, but President Pickett did give me permission to video chat into the service. It was a super cool thing to be able to see him and talk with him. That was definitely the highlight of this week!

FINDING:
These past few district meetings, I have been instructed to focus a lot on obedience and finding. And the further along we get and trying our best as a district to be exactly obedient and finding whenever we are not teaching, we are seeing so much more success. This week Elder Martin and I were able to find 12 new people to teach. Now I am definitely not a big numbers pusher, meaning that's not all I care about, but just to see the sheer difference in being close to being exactly obedient and actually being exactly obedient is awesome. Improvement is always a good thing. Blessings are flowing!
LINGER LONGER: 
Sunday morning we went early to church to set up some tables and chairs for a linger longer that we were having after church.  A linger longer is just a little gathering where there's a big potluck right after church. So it was pretty cool to be able to hang out with the branch for a little bit!

COMPANION NEWS: 
So just last night I got a call from the Assistants telling me that on Tuesday we have to drive down to Knoxville to pick up a new companion. His name is Elder Farley, and he is an interesting situation. He first came out on a two transfer mission, and then he decided he wanted to go the full two years. So after his first two transfers they sent him to the Provo MTC and he has been there for 3 weeks, and now they are sending him out to me and Elder Martin. One cool thing is he was actually originally trained by my last companion, Elder Donohoo, for 1 transfer. So I will be in a trio for the next week and a half or so because Elder Martin will be going home early on August 2nd for school. So it should be an interesting time coming up, but also exciting!

Other than that not too much to report on, other than I love Tennessee. I love the sights, the sounds, the smells, and especially the people. I hope you all have an awesome week, thank you for all of the love and support, it is felt greatly!
Elder Roden 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last One

Well, this will be my last email, pretty crazy.   We had an awesome week!!   On Wednesday we got to go to the Sevierville building for o...