From May 14, 2018
POWER UP's:
On Tuesday after district meeting we got to go on power ups in our area with the Zone Leaders. Power ups are when we go on splits with the ZL'S in one of our areas. It’s usually in the Zl’s area but they came here. I went with Elder Tanner from Kaysville, UT and he is a really cool guy and we get along really well. It’s always cool to get to know more missionaries. We got a good full day of work in and just got some return appointments and also talked to this guy that went on an hour rant on how Christianity is evil and all that. But he was a nice guy I guess. We also got to teach Malakai and he is going to get baptized on the 30th of this month! I’m super happy for that kid. Then after that we went and got some dinner at The Purple Cow, a local burger place. It was a solid day.
On Tuesday after district meeting we got to go on power ups in our area with the Zone Leaders. Power ups are when we go on splits with the ZL'S in one of our areas. It’s usually in the Zl’s area but they came here. I went with Elder Tanner from Kaysville, UT and he is a really cool guy and we get along really well. It’s always cool to get to know more missionaries. We got a good full day of work in and just got some return appointments and also talked to this guy that went on an hour rant on how Christianity is evil and all that. But he was a nice guy I guess. We also got to teach Malakai and he is going to get baptized on the 30th of this month! I’m super happy for that kid. Then after that we went and got some dinner at The Purple Cow, a local burger place. It was a solid day.
| The Purple Cow |
SERVICE:
We did a crap ton of service this week, but it was really fun. On Thursday we went to help a member move a bunch of stuff for a fundraiser yard sale she was putting up, and there was so much stuff. But I got to mow a big chunk of yard in the lot next to the member’s house so we could set it up, so I was happy about that. The next day we went back and helped the actual set up part of it. It was so hot and humid so it made for a long day but it was relieving to see the whole thing finally ready to go. Then the next day was the actual yard sale and we went in the morning because they thought they would need help. But I just ended up mowing the member’s lawn instead because there wasn’t a ton to do.
| Yard sale |
| Mowing...a favorite activity |
At 2:00 we went to help out with another project for the Make-A-Wish foundation. One of the ladies helping with the yard sale was in charge and needed some extra hands. So we showed up and the kid it was for, a 5 year old named James, had just wished for a swing set in his backyard. That’s all he wanted. So we and 4-5 others who had never built one before got to work and finished at about 6:30. haha. But it was super cool to see the kid’s reaction when he saw it the first time, he was so excited.
| James' swingset |
MOTHERS DAY:
Yesterday was so awesome being able to talk to my family! I really enjoyed seeing everyone’s faces and hearing their voices. Happy mother’s day to all the moms out there, but especially mine!!
This time next week I will know what it happening on transfers, which is next Wednesday. This transfer has flown by! Thanks for all the love and support!
From May 21, 2018
What a crazy week! It flew by so fast but it was a solid
week.
EXCHANGES (Back to back)-
So on Monday after P-day, we started our exchanges. I was in my area with Elder Harris from Monday night until Wednesday morning. We had a really good time together. On Tuesday night we went to this pretty sketchy Chinese buffet. We were the only ones in the restaurant, haha, but we didn’t get sick, so that was a blessing.
Then on Wednesday morning we met up with some other elders and I took Elder Urry back to Rotherwood for another day. We get along really well and we have a lot of really good business ideas that we might pursue after the mission, haha. But we worked together until Thursday morning when we all met back up for district meeting.
MATT COURTNEY-
On Tuesday Elder Harris and I went over to the Courtney’s house to help Matt out in his yard. He was being really nice and saying "if you guys don’t want to come you really don’t have to, I could probably get it done"... yeah, with the 3 of us it took like 4 hours! haha. But it was a really good time to fellowship with Matt and also to get some manual labor hours in! He also bought us Taco Bell so we were thankful.
EXCHANGES (Back to back)-
So on Monday after P-day, we started our exchanges. I was in my area with Elder Harris from Monday night until Wednesday morning. We had a really good time together. On Tuesday night we went to this pretty sketchy Chinese buffet. We were the only ones in the restaurant, haha, but we didn’t get sick, so that was a blessing.
Then on Wednesday morning we met up with some other elders and I took Elder Urry back to Rotherwood for another day. We get along really well and we have a lot of really good business ideas that we might pursue after the mission, haha. But we worked together until Thursday morning when we all met back up for district meeting.
MATT COURTNEY-
On Tuesday Elder Harris and I went over to the Courtney’s house to help Matt out in his yard. He was being really nice and saying "if you guys don’t want to come you really don’t have to, I could probably get it done"... yeah, with the 3 of us it took like 4 hours! haha. But it was a really good time to fellowship with Matt and also to get some manual labor hours in! He also bought us Taco Bell so we were thankful.
| The elders and Matt Courtney |
INTERVIEWS-
After district meeting on Thursday we had our interviews with President Pickett and also got to talk with Sister Pickett. They are such great people to have leading our mission. During my interview with president he gave me some "transfer doctrine", haha. Transfer doctrine is when he tells you or hints at what might happen at transfers… Which I will talk about in my next little paragraph...
| Last week with Elder Nixon |
TRANSFER CALLS-
Well it was that time again on Saturday morning at 9:00. We learned that Elder Nixon would be transferred to Dayton, and I will be staying here for at least another transfer with a new companion. I will be working with Elder Donahoo from the Bear Lake area in Idaho. He was also my district leader in my last area for a transfer and he is a really awesome guy so I’m really excited to be his companion. But I’m happy to be able to stay here another transfer. It is a great ward and a really cool area.
| Sunday lunch with the Carter family |
WHAT-
Well we just got news also that Matt wants to be baptized on June 2nd! So that should be a crazy week!
Thanks for all the love and support as always, hope y’all have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment