Mailing Address

Elder Derek Roden
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Drive, Suite 101
Farragut, TN 37934

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sour Cream and Oranges

From November 21, 2017:




Hello friends and family!

What a weird week. It has been full of ups and big downs, but I know why I'm here and I am really starting to enjoy it. 
My days now consist of a LOT of learning curves and a LOT being out of my comfort zone, but I know it's helping me learn and grow. 
My companion’s name is Elder Bird from Seattle, Washington. We have a really amazing district!

Put up the Tennessee flag!


On Friday morning, I was not feeling good at all with many things. When we got to the cafeteria I decided maybe a nice big bowl of Greek yogurt and fruit would help. I spent like 5 minutes constructing the perfect bowl of yogurt, it looked so good. I went and sat down, received compliments on how good it looked, took a big bite and... that Greek yogurt was not Greek yogurt. Sour cream and oranges. 

I didn't eat the rest of the day. 

Me and Bird

But I'm loving the experience. I love how in Ether 12, Moroni speaks of his inadequacies and struggles, but in verse 26 the Lord says, "fools mock, but they shall mourn, and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness"  
Sometimes I may be feeling like a big bowl of sour cream, but as I keep doing all that I can do I will be blessed. 

I love you all! 

Saw my cousin, Elder Treseder



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last One

Well, this will be my last email, pretty crazy.   We had an awesome week!!   On Wednesday we got to go to the Sevierville building for o...