Mailing Address

Elder Derek Roden
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Drive, Suite 101
Farragut, TN 37934

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Go time...

 Derek flew out to Tennessee on December 5. We were able to speak to him on the phone twice, briefly, so that we knew he'd made it.  On the night of the 6th, Mark received a phone call from an old mission companion.  Elder Minton now lives in Sevierville, TN and had just met Derek, who is serving in his ward.  Thankful for the Lord's tender mercies.  We were able to find out where he will be serving and who his companion is. 
From December 5, 2017:



Hello friends and family,

Currently in the Atlanta airport on a layover and about to board the plane to Knoxville. The time in the MTC flew by. Had a lot of good memories and definitely some rough ones, but that's how we learn. I'm going to keep it short this week but I'll try to be better at writing longer and more interesting letters.

I am where I need to be. I'm excited, nervous, and scared. This is still very new to me still. But I will do my personal best every day.

Elder Roden 

Elder Roden's first area, Sevierville, TN

7 new elders and 1 sister on the left, President and Sister Pickett and the 3 APs on the right
All the TKM missionaries at transfers

Elder Roden's trainer, Elder Martin is the one holding the manilla envelope



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last One

Well, this will be my last email, pretty crazy.   We had an awesome week!!   On Wednesday we got to go to the Sevierville building for o...